I think at this point it’s fair to say I like plates more than I like food. Not that I don’t like food, but I really like plates, dishes, silverware, bowls, napkins… Last weekend I did some DIY “faux marble” making. I made little salt cellars for everyone at the table, so we can each have our own, and a set of three nesting bowls that can be used for rings and whatnot.
It’s EASY AS PIE. and I’ve done a “faux malachite” version before, making napkin rings.
OVEN SAFE BOWL
SAND PAPER (Super Optional) 1. Break up your Sculpey. Set your oven to 275
2. Soften it up and roll it into little snakes.
3. Roll them together into a bigger snake then turn it into a ball.
4. Rolling pin to get it to about 1/4″ thickness.
5. You can use a cookie cutter for a clean edge or you can just leave the edges raw and rough. I did that for the 3 nesting bowls.
6. Again, you can trim the edges to make them as clean as you like em.
7. For a really good “bowl” shape, you want to put the circle into an oven safe bowl. Cook on 275 for ten minutes. You can still trim and sand your edges if you like!
How much do I love those vintage glasses? A lot.