I DONT CARE, I LOVE IT.

I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone.

I crashed my car into the bridge. I watched, I let it burn.

I threw your shit into a bag and pushed it down the stairs.
I crashed my car into the bridge.

I DONT CARE, I LOVE IT! I DONT CARE!

I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone.

I crashed my car into the bridge. I watched, I let it burn.

I threw your shit into a bag and pushed it down the stairs.
I crashed my car into the bridge.

I DONT CARE, I LOVE IT! I DONT CARE!

You’re on a different road, I’m in the milky way.

You want me down on earth, but I am up in space

You’re so damn hard to please, we gotta kill this switch
You’re from the 70’s, but I’m a 90’s bitch.

I love it!
I love it!

I don’t care, I love it.
I don’t care, I love it, I love it.
I don’t care, I love it.
I don’t care, I love it, I love it.
I don’t care.
I love it.

The story of the day I lost my mind: Last week, I was working on a painting for Nicole from So Haute for Design on a Dime, and I left all my brushes dirty the night before because I was late to take my kids to a birthday party… so I was finishing up using my fingers. My phone died. I told the nanny I would be back late and to feed and bathe the kids. It was raining. I locked the door. And something happened to me as I dragged my fingers through the paint, and the rain fell on the skylight above. I snapped. I became something less than human, other than. My eyes were wild, and I went through the painting with my fingers, smearing the rest of it on my legs as I went. I was a cavewoman, I was an animal. And I loved it. Scroll back up and you will see the face of something other than a human being. And as I walked home through the city with the paint still on my face and under my clothes, light drizzle falling on my shoulders, feeling like an empowered beast of the wild, cavewoman, true self, no one even bat an eye, because this is New York, land of the painted ladies.

Comments

1. Cheri says:

Wow!!!! You are awesome in every way!!! Pics are fantastic!!! Loving it!

2. Varshi Golhotra says:

I find this series stunningly painful and beautiful. Photography is not generally my thing, but the layering of mixed media here– paint, the use of the human body as a canvas, words strewn about like a drunk driver veering off into the opposite lane….well, it all comes together and leaves me with the throbbing impression that I’ve just been punctured with some kind of accidental weapon…like a broken bottle or a stick in the sand….it wasn’t supposed to hurt that bad…

I’m not sure why I was so moved by this series of photographs. Perhaps it was the war-ravaged look of Cohen, her body painted with the trappings of combat camaflogue, the bright slaps of paint allowing her to disappear against the backdrop of her frenetic luminescence. And yet, for all that color, there is something dangerous happening in these images…moreso because we can’t quite figure out if Cohen is gearing up for battle, in the throes of it, or perhaps, she’s a shellshocked survivor.

Whatever Cohen had in mind, I do hope to see more of her work in the future. I’ll be looking out for it.

3. THIS IS EVERYTHING!!!! I LOVE IT. I DON’T CARE!!

4. Beautiful.

5. Atara says:

This is AWESOME!!! And now I’m left singing the song…

6. Lauren says:

Amazing.

7. sexual.

8. This is so cool and your body is bangin!!!!

Who took these pics? You? So bad ass!

9. you wild thing!!! dramatic and suspenseful…..powerful.

10. You just made my morning. I love that song and now have it in my head to get me through this day!

Also, the painting on you is way cool…great work!!!

KJ

11. Janet says:

Don’t leave us hanging on the babysitter’s reaction when you walked in the door!!!???

Hahahah as you might imagine, she’s kind of used to my antics so she just kind of laughed! My kids thought it was hysterical!!!!

12. THIS, my friend, is your best post to date!!! Keep the madness coming….

13. You Rule!!! Love these photos!

14. grace says:

this is amazing!

15. Jerzijud says:

Freaking Perfect. Retire now. Can’t. Get. Better. Only now I wanna buy cheap shoes.

16. Dee says:

:) :) amazing, fierce and kick ass