Another one bites the dust.

Another vintage rescued chair destroyed by my children. Someone should start a tumblr that just posts nice things that kids have destroyed. Or even more specific, kid scribbles on walls and furniture. I see it as the next hottest instagram account!

But just one thing…. I dont actually hate it hate it. When Cookie saw it, she said, “Oh, did JoJo do that?” I said, yea, why? She said ”Because it’s awesome.”  I guess my kids have inherited my ability to scribble on things, as well as my appreciation of awesome. DELIGHTFUL* So now that its in must be reupholstered mode, maybe, just maybe, I should add to the scribbles and make it look intentional?  Would that be crazy cool, or crazy crazy?

*not so delightful.

Comments

1. I actually like this! Scribble more. On all the stripey parts. Refer to the last home featured in the March Lonny mag.

2. Shannon says:

I would like it better without the scribbles…however, I think if you added some you could make it work. Sort of an ’80s vibe. I think you should go with it.

3. I think it’s perfect as is. Soon enough those scribblers will be all grown up and you will have this as a memento forever. Trust me. I think the only other embellishment it needs is a JoJo signature in red Sharpie.

4. mmish says:

i literally gasped when i saw this…hide the markers!

5. If you’re going to reupholster anyway, might as well try to make the scribbles work, right?
    Only one concern: your kids might think it’s okay to draw on furniture, and you may have more of this problem in your future…(this is why I have not let me kids doodle a chair–it sets precedent. But maybe I’m just too uptight!)

Yea I agree… I definitely don’t want them(really just him, because she knows better) to think that it was ok. And I did try to punish him to get the point across. Fingers crossed!

6. Sophie says:

Hmmm … this feels a little too Kelly Bensimon style of decorating for me. Just sayin’

LOL. That’s really funny. Her style is very random but it’s not the worst we’ve seen from a housewife!

7. Rachel says:

That boy has got a future, but till then keep the art supplies hidden. The chair looks a lot better than my white cabinets did after my son got to them with a marker :)

8. Too late :) http://www.shitmykidsruined.com/ It’s even a book already!

Haha, I love the concept! The blog could be executed a little bit better though. But thats awesome!

9. I think its très chic! Reminds me of the Porter Teleo wallcovering for Kelly Wearstler’s foyer. People pay good money for that stuff!

10. ya gotta laugh- “mommy scribbles on things, so why not me?”. this is SO a case of you reap what you sow!! ;-)

xo.

LMAO! do you blame him? he’s two! and just copying his mama! lol too cute i don’t mind the scribbles….they are what make a house a home :)

12. Can’t help to love your babies. Like all the others said they only do what they see mommy do.

13. Melissa says:

Add a few neon paint splatters to the back of the chair to contrast with the scribble. It will look intentional and not overdone. Plus, it’s trendy.

14. jo ro says:

Is it terrible it makes me laugh?

Almost as much as this: http://pancakesandfrenchfries.com/2009/09/how-to-remove-permanent-marker-ink-from-fabric/

No, as much as my heart dropped when I saw it, I’m not that upset. I think its sort of funny too.

And that link you posted is PRICELESS.

15. i think you should go balls to the wall with paint.

16. Beatrice says:
  17. maybe make the lines thicker with a sharpie…and now its a custom upholstery…kind of like you did for the bachelor’s apartment’s walls?

18. Beth says:

Well done scribbles, I have to say. Scribble “Love” on the back of the chair and it’s complete! Plus, it will remind you how much you love your kids. ;-)

19. Faye Cunanan says:

That seat can be made into a work of art….. an accent chair if you would like…. Really!!!