2013 WANDERLIST: Morocco.

Even though Santa came nowhere near my house, I’m making my list and I’m checking it twice.My list of MUST-SEE MUST-DO things and activities for 2013, that is.

Β At the very top of the list, jockeying for position with just one other place, is Morocco. I’m turning 30 this year, and I’m trying to convince my girlfriends that this is where we need to go for a thirtieth birthday trip. Β Suffice to say, no one else is really that into it. We cant leave the kids… so far away… would rather sit on a beach…too hard. BOO. Story of my life, huh? Anyway, one way or another, I will go to Morocco. It will happen. It’s in the second position, just after The American Southwest and the horseback pack trip I want to do there. Yea, that is going to be a tough sell too (David doesn’t really ride horses)…. But that is my number one TOP destination for 2013. I am also DYING to go to Montana.

So this is my last ditch attempt to convince my girls that in the grand tradition of The Real Housewives of NYC and Sex and The City, a girls trip to Morocco is a GREAT idea:

It’s a visual feast. I’m also taking applications for new friends in the comments. (Joke, I love you guys!)

Does anyone else make travel wish lists like this? What’s on yours?

Comments

1. My sister is going to Morocco for her 30th this November, too! It must be the 30 thing to do.

2. Jess says:

bet you can rustle up one of your most adventurous girls for Morocco! went with one of mine to Jordan this year – extraordinary.

my partner and i went to Montana this year and it was WONDERFUL. like so wonderful we are planning to return this summer and i am not that kinda traveler. we did Glacier and then spent a week here riding horses in the mountains– elkhornranchmt.com. i cannot possibly recommend the Elkhorn Ranch more strongly. amazing for kiddos too.

Omigosh, you just MADE my life with the Elkhorn Ranch tip! It looks AMAZING. Im definitely looking into this for a summer trip with the family! Thank you!

3. What a great thirtieth birthday trip idea! I went to Morocco when I was younger and I definitely didn’t appreciate the absolute gorgeousness that is Morocco. It’s officially on my must travel there (again) soon list. Good luck convincing – I hope you make it there!

4. Jess says:

happy to inspire but I owe it all to the inimitable Lily Stockman who is responsible for my own family’s obsession with the Elkhorn — http://bigbangstudio.blogspot.com/search/label/elkhorn%20ranch

please let me and Lily know if you go! Linda Miller manages the ranch and is the best vacation mama hen you never knew you needed!

5. I would like to formally submit my application. Thanks for your consideration :)

Seriously, gorgeous and near the top of my bucket list of places to see. Your photos may have bumped it up the list!

6. Cheri says:

Wowwwww!!! Looks amazing!!!! If all else fails u know ray would love to go!!!!! Dont think hes been there yet!!!!! But really work on david!!!!! Ill bbysit anytime!!!!!!!

7. julie says:

i went to morocco in march and it was extraordinary. the markets in fez were my favorite. email me if you want info on where we stayed–absolutely fabulous boutique hotels. we had an amazing private guide, which is a must. happy to share details if you want ‘em.

8. I will go with you…..when is the application due? :)

9. I’m in :) I wish…I have been to Morocco but only to Tangiers, which barely counts so I need to go back and really experience the country. I make a travel wish list every year and I have always made it to one place on the list except for this year…since I had my first child in February (having a baby definitely halted traveling abroad for a bit). This is definitely going to change in 2013 since I am going to Sweden for a friend’s wedding (this was actually on my wish list in 2012), which has turned in to a girl’s trip–the husbands are staying home with our kids. I guess this is our 30th bday trip since we all turned 30 last year :)

10. Lauren says:

So, there is a good chance we were friends in a past life time because Morocco & Montana are both on a list I made for 2013!

Where should I send my application? :)

11. Rachel says:

I’ve been to Morocco twice and it is magical. I saw more shooting stars in one night than I have in my entire life. (We camped in the Sahara like that bottom pic) Feel free to e-mail me for any travel tips. I want to go again! Where do I apply? :)

12. Morocco would be amazing! I made a travel list for this year as well and besides seeing some friends around the North East, realistically I’d love a beach getaway. Perhaps Miami? I’ve never been! My unrealistic travel list, well thats another story :)

im invited, right?

14. CASEY BROOKS says:

MY DREAM!

15. I just came back from there it was a feast for the eyes! It has always been my dream to go and I was lucky to bring back two poofs and the much coveted Beni Ourain rug!

16. The sights, smells and sounds will fire your senses…Habibi Morocco!

Ali