Techno-fail.

20111021-234524.jpg

(The iconic computer crashing moment. Obviously you have to look like crap when your computer fires -dies, see I’m typing on an iPad-, and OBVIOUSLY your man thinks your a moron for not backing up more.)

Ive lost something. And it’s not my mind, but almost. My computer is kaput. My husband took it to the genius bar at 1 am last night and came back to me and said- I’m sorry, it’s gone. I know you loved it.

I started to have real feelings of loss, like when my dog was sick and I thought he wasn’t going to make it. (hemolytic anemia FYI- and he did recover after days of being hospitalized and months of Mede, and no- he doesn’t live with me. I became allergic to dogs when I got pregnant.)

Then I started to get angry- get me a DELL! I’m buying an HP, I screamed. (hahahhahhaaaa)

The worst part is, I haven’t backed up in a looooong time. And if I lost a few months of pictures of my kids I will flip the eff out. I cried a little last night. Not gonna lie. I had that twisty stomach feeling- over a computer. Well, really over the pictures. Dammmmmmnnnnnnn ittttttttt! The pictures!!!!! Months of recording everything I see, the lives of my kiddos, potentially gone.

So let’s see what happens. I bought a new Mac, and I’m sending my computer to a data recovery place.

Fingers crossed.

And now I’m blogging on an iPad. I’ve never done it before.

So that’s where my blog posts have been. I know some of you were wondering.

Comments

1. MMish says:

Ugh, i feel for you. This is my worst nightmare. Just last week I took my mac to the geek squad so they could teach me how to back up my pictures. I had this feeling that my computer would be dead soon and if i lost my thousands of pictures and home videos I would die too. Its not just a piece of metal, its the memories! I hope they recover everything, good luck!

2. Kristi says:

Been there. I had pictures of my kids with my dad, weeks before he passed away. The last memories of them with him-GONE! I was devastated as my boys were only 4 & 1 @ the time and wouldn’t really remember him other than those pictures. I feel your pain!

3. Albertina says:

so sorry…its the worst……especially the photos. I hope they are able to recover everything. I will be thinking of you.

4. Ugh, how frustrating! I’m “nursing” my sick computer for weeks now with frequent calls to our technician, deleting heavy programs and so forth- but I know where it’s going…
    Good luck recovering those photos!

5. Yvett says:

I know the feeling. You’re sitting there and everything is normal and then BAM! It’s like a mack truck hits you and you see all your words, pictures and life flash before your eyes..Ok maybe not for you, but it was that way for me.

I really hope you’re able to recover some of your pictures. =) Hang in there.

Pretty much exactly. Its only a few months, but the photos of the kids are priceless. A few months for my son is HALF his life! Im keeping my fingers crossed. In the meantime, my new computer is HEAVENLY.

6. That’s my worst nightmare. I hope you recover some of the photos. I would cry way more than a little so you’re a bigger person than I!

7. esther says:

i know this is an old post but did you ever get the pics off your old computer? the same thing happened to me around thanksgiving time and after a few days of working on it my husband was able to get all my old files off the computer and onto my new one. if you still have the computer i can tell u how to get the pics :)

8. esther says: