I Heart It/I Hate It!

Sometimes I feel like I’m an alien that fell from the sky and that I just dont get anything thats going on around me… like I want to be the little kid that shouts- “THE EMPEROR! HE’S NAKED!” but no one is listening to me.

Anyway, Im starting a new feature here, and I’m calling it, “I heart it/I Hate it!”  A little post I’ll do every so often comparing two similar things, one I hate, one I love, fashion, decor, jewelry… The Heart it/Hate it feature is going to cover all the topics.

So lets start.

Now, the hate shoes have been a pet peeve of mine ever since EVERYONE in NYC seems to be drooling over them and wearing them to fashion shows etc etc… I think they were the most worn shoe at fashion week. So maybe I’m nuts.

If you MUST wear a banana heeled open toe bootie, and I dont say that you must, the red ones by Maison Martin Margiela are soooo much better looking than the Miu Miu ! To me. The Miu Miu remind me to much of their Prada counterpart and that reminds me of a Wicked Witch of the West prop/Miss Piggy muppet leg (See here!)

Maison Martin Margiela, HERE. Miu Miu, HERE.

So what do you think? Heart it, or hate it?

Comments

1. Bella says:

I own the miu miu in all black, and I adore them!! :)

Ha! All black or black and silver? Maybe I would like them in all black… lol.

2. SingSong says:

Absolutely heart the shoes you do. Really loving the banana heel trend, but the Miu Miu remind me of what my children used to wear when playing dress up as kids.

3. Bella says:

Black on black

I think you scored with those- I havent seen then anywhere like that! I think we need a visual!

4. Omgz, I HAAATE those shoes too! I actually had a fight with my friend about these the other day cause she was claiming that they were the hottest shoe to ever hit the streets. I think they look like something Miss Piggy would wear.

5. Lawny says:

Miu Miu + Prada = WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!?? GAG GAG GAG!! In person they are NOT flattering either.

6. Couldn’t agree more!!! Fugliest shoes I’ve seen in a minute. Love the feature.

7. I agree! The idea is kinda cool, but they look really creepy and un-flattering on people. Love the red booties, though I never understood the “peep toe bootie” concept.

8. Jennifer Powell says:

Very Miss Piggy, and totally overexposed already.

9. Brandy says:

You are speaking the gospel!! Peep toe bootie? Why? Glitter faux sandal? Why?? If you must have pink/silver glitter shoes, wear these. They’re actually sandals too.

10. Caroline says:

So glad to learn I’m not the only one who hates these Miu Miu shoes! They’re definitely Miss Piggy/My Little Pony-esque. Barf!!

11. I have yet to try on a flattering pair of this bootie style and thses Miu Mius are YUCK ! SO not a fan.

xxLily
    goldandgray.com

12. Michelle says:

Totally Miss Piggy! Oink Oink Eeeewwwww…..