Collar Delights at Crew Cuts.

Am I the only adult that shops for myself at Crew Cuts? Hmmmm…. Well, I shouldn’t be!

Today I bought this sequin collar, run, don’t walk, to go get one HERE… its seriously good. AND you can share it with your kiddo! Bonus.

AND I also bought this red boys sweater also for myself. Sizes 12-14 fit like a size small adults. Annddd…. I bought some for Cookie too. I figure she can share them with JoJo.

Then I wore them together…. Looked kinda good, I think. Except that my entire outfit was from a kids store?  So what. Cheaper, and MUCH COOLER than adult J Crew. (The adult version is over $200 bucks! They actually don’t have one exactly like it, but similar.) I want to get into the J Crew madness that everyone else seems to be involved in, but I sometimes feel that in person, the clothes lean a little bit matronly. Its not that I don’t shop there, I do, but its like, I’m not OBSESSED. You know? Where as, I think Crew Cuts nails it every time.

Comments

1. Atara says:

Loveeee shopping in kids clothes for myself so cheap I can’t help myself! And I thought I was the only one that can’t get into j crew I NEVER get lucky there

2. Lynda says:

Is the collar at all tight? I want to RUN and get it but I’m afraid that since it’s from crew cuts it might be small and cut off my circulation. Lol.

Ha, no there is a ribbon to tie it with in the back. But even so, it didn’t even touch my neck, just laid on my color bone like a necklace. Funny question though;)

3. Vivian N says:

lol i totally agree that jcrew seems great but when u get there, the styles and fit are matronly! loved the outfit today!

this is adorable!

5. WOW! I am in love. I agree. The sequin collar is gorgeous. And you know that would be $100+ at regular J Crew. I also LOVE the ribbon collar project you did! What great inspiration. Thanks for all the fabulous ideas.

I am big fan of your blog and would love for you to check mine out some time. I am a newbie but am loving it.

AnnMarie

6. agreed! i love the jcrew catalog looks, but when you break the pieces down, they are definitely matronly, and, to me, don’t fit properly!

7. Linda says:

The J.Crew stuff never fits me right either.