Where Fashion Meets Art: THE PHOTOS!

You know those days that are COMPLETELY and insanely SURREAL and you feel like just pinching yourself is not enough to wake yourself up from this dream, and its more like you need a smack in the face? YES? So yesterday was one of those days. NEVER DID I EVER imagine my work displayed in such a chic, public and gorgeous place. Never did I think anyone would be interested in anything I made, but seriously, I AM BEYOND grateful that it is the case. Last night was a dream come true.

OK also, I cant get over how good the paintings look in the store.

Enough blabber, lets just get to the pictures shall we?

A new painting in the front window of the store.

Rainbow Maps #5

Poured Primaries, a new painting made of enamel.

A print and a new Rainbow Maps, this one in deep jewel tones.

(Me grabbing a drink… In case you are wondering: Joie leather shorts, Top by American Apparel, Necklace by J Crew- looks like a vintage piece of awesome but was less than$40-And Prada 6″ badass heels.)

More prints…

You can see more of the photos from the event HERE.

And here are some more photos I took of the art before the party started:

Shower Print on Lucite in the front window of the store.

Flowery Abstract looked damned good with those blush jeans.

You cant tell, but this painting is made with textured metallic paint that is as thick as cement, and it glitters in light!

This painting is already claimed!

I have a 7′ x 7′ version of that striped painting. It is so beyond awesome. Someone buy it please, Ill put it together in your house for you. TRUST ME, a 7 foot black and white striped painting will MAKE YOUR HOUSE!

(Special thanks to my sister/assistant! She is the best canvas stretched in town!)

Black and White Graffiti.

A lot of the pieces were new, but some were old favorites…

Much thanks to everyone who came last night, it was so much fun and I swear, I am still in disbelief! To those of you who missed it, GUESS WHAT?!?! The team at INTERMIX loved the art so much that they decided to keep it up FOR THE NEXT 3 WEEKS!

That gives you plenty of time to pop in and see it, browse for fall clothing (I have my eye on a navy and brown Mulberry bag!) and maybe even buy some art?!?!?!

The pieces are available through Intermix as well as through me, although many of them are so new that they arent on the website yet. Email me for details.

INTERMIX

210 Columbus Avenue, NYC

212-769-9116

Mon.-Sat. 10am-8pm
Sun. 12pm-7pm

Comments

1. Congratulations! This looks AMAZING! And if I had any sorta cash flow, I would be all over that textured metallic painting! (All exclamation points, what can you do?)

2. This is AH-MAZ-ING!!! Congrats doll!

3. AshleyG says:

The “Poured Primaries” took my breath away! Absolutely incredible! Congratulations!

4. Wow your new pieces are unreal. Absolutely love. What an amazing experience, congrats!

5. FANTABULOUS! I was waiting for this post whole day ;) Yayyyyyy you. Your artwork looks beyond beautiful. Great work and inspiration to the fullest ;)

6. Amber says:

Congratulations to you, Nicole! The installation looks stunning next to all the clothes! Wow, wow. I really like the new paintings. What a great experience, am so happy for you!

7. Congratulations! You looked beautiful and your paintings looked beautiful in the store…and to have your sister to stretch your canvas? I’m jealous. My brother doesn’t help me when I do my flea markets. I have to beg him.

8. Jennifer says:

Huge congratulations to you. The art is gorgeous as are you!

9. Jen Ramos says:

Oh this is so great for you!! Congratulations on your work being at Intermix… Wish I could have seen it all in person!

10. Xoxo

11. Jen Smith says:

I LOVEEE intermix……there is one in Dallas but I don’t get to go as much as I would like since its a little ways from my house…..

jen

12. Jen Smith says:

congrats on the features too!!!

jen

13. jennifer says:

congratulations, looked like an amazing night for you!

14. your art was FABTASTIC girlfriend. cant wait to have one for myself. xoxoxo congrats!

15. Lauren says:

I have to agree with Ashley G’s comment regarding the pour primaries painting. It’s amazing! Fyi, I’m in the background of one of the pics!

• Lauren says:

Love that I commented on the painting in July and tomorrow it’s going to be mine! :)

16. WOW! This is amazing! I love Intermix and live in Chicago so I am definitely going to be on the look-out for your artwork! ANY masterpiece would look fabulous in my condo!

17. Congratulations, Nicole! Your paintings look incredible in the space. Wish I could have been there!

18. This is so freaking awesome. And you look ridiculously good. Seriously!! Your outfit, hair and makeup are perfection.

19. Wow!!!!! Your paintings made that place look incredible!! Congratulations!!

20. OMG! And I know you! You look gorgoeus in those shorts! Ok tell me about the painting the one with the mannequins arm in it? One of the first photos!
    I hope the reception was incredible
    Cheers,
    Always
    Jamie Herzlinger

21. Looks like such a fun event & your art looks amazing on the walls! Congrats!! xoxo

22. Laura says:

Has the shower print on lucite been claimed? I love it!!! Are you selling it?

23. wow that store does your work justice, a perfect match! they should buy your art to have it displayed always!

24. What a great place to show your lovely art! I really like the colors and the mix between art and fashion!
    Best regards from and norwegian artist and designer.

25. Stephanie says:

Your work is stunning! What a great platform for all your paintings!

26. laura callias says:

you are an amazing artist! Love it all!

27. So awesome! I’m so inspired by you! Gaah, wish I could see that black paint glitter.