More Box Braid Bangles + Instructions.

A few of you asked me for some detailed instructions on the box braid bangle. Also, my posts from this week got deleted because of the host switch. So Im posting  about this again.

I used a distressed stiff leather from M&J Trimming. HERE. They are working to put the size I used on the web, but you can email infor@mjtrim.com if you dont want to wait.

The key to making the bracelet very bangle-esk is to use really stiff leather.  AND…..  There you go!!!

Just dont wear them all at once!

Or do!!!!

And a few of you emailed me about buying one from me…. Well, I’m not putting them in the etsy shop, but if you want me to make one for you  email Sketch42blog@gmail.com and we can discuss.

Comments

1. These are so fab – especially stacked!
    And I love that you can see the suede side of the ribbons as well – adds a little somethin’ to the look and feel of the bracelet :)

I love that too… And I really like that its so distressed.

2. They’re NICE!!! but why does this look so hard? I need a class or something :)

3. grace says:

camp nicole!!!

4. claudy says:

i want one!!

5. ok Im w/ Grace I need a craft camp or maybe a video? Just a suggestion :)

A video… Hmmm…. I bet you could find one online. Google box braid lanyard.

6. thanks so much for this – I love them!

7. just linked over to your post – going to try these this aft with my girls since it’s rainy here – thanks! x

8. Jane Schwartz says:

U r very talented. I’m going 2 make some of ur things
    Thanks for the ideas

9. cheryl credeur says:

love the jewelry

10. MF Brown says:

This is cool! It reminds me of summer camp as a child, using lanyard (gimp). Brilliant!

11. Thanks for your personal post, i’m going so as to add this to my site. Nice

12. jill says:

Hello
    This cute bracelet takes me way back about 55 years to my days at the summer rec dept. I was the braid princess. FYI you can do this off center and make a tube instead of a square. If you add strands say 6 or 8 total you can make a spiral.
    One big question…the 5 yds measurement is that the total yardage meaning each strand is 1 1/4 yds when folded or 5 yds per strand? Thanks for your tutorial and anticipated response. I’m going to work on incorporating a purchase closure idea. Sincerely, Jill Bainbridge

Yes! I remember making spirals when I was a kid too… This was almost two years ago, but Im pretty sure I just used one 5 yard piece and then cut it up… Hope that helps!

13. Dawn says:

this puts me in mind of my daughters ‘scooby’ plaits with plastic cord. these give me ideas for putting her to making something – if she can do scoobys she can make these bracelets and give me a break

14. Daria says:

What is the size of the trim that you used?? I must be missing it but I read it twice.

15. Fatima Khatib says:

What kind of strings are used to make them?

16. Fran Galvin says:

I have a slight problem with this. I can not read the directions in red, I need them in black. It seems like the letters are blurred.
    When I first saw these bracelets, I thought they were beaded. But looking at the pictures above, I could see they were all leather.
    I really would like to make one or two of these, or more, depending on how easy they are to do and if I can get the directions in readable black.

17. Barb says:

I remember doing this to palms for Palm Sunday. In catholic school, we were taught to braid palms for the alter every year and this was one of the patterns. Just brought back some memories. It is hard to teach, after awhile it is like you just know how to do it.

18. Vickie Feigi says:

These are adorable, but your instructions are awful. Try putting them separate out of other pictures, or on the side. I can’t read them. It’s a shame.

19. Rachel says:

I love these bracelets. Thank you for sharing your talent.

20. Apple Warren says:

These bracelets are so pretty!!! Can you add beads and/or charms to them to make them even more colorful? My daughter would love them with beads!