See above brass pencil holder. No way I would bounce 60-something dollars on my own pencil holder, but my awesome sister in law got it for me as a gift! WOOHOO!
God-forbid there would be an actual monetary pay-off to blogging, but there is the other kind: Feeling important.
Most of the time I assume no one gives a crap what I write on my blog, but apparently at HGTV, they do give a crap. A lot of a crap.
Here is what I learned:
1. They have a staff (a surprisingly young staff) that reads blogs all day everyday while watching TV. (They should hire me, because I am already an expert.)
2. They compile trend boards based on those blogs every month.
3. Since I was invited to that HGTV luncheon, I am apparently an harbinger of taste in my city.
4. They know what we write about them (and Vern) and in real life, he is a really nice guy.
5. They are going in a newer -younger- direction with their programming and Emily’s new show is going to be the start of all that.
6. They know they screwed up Design Star this year with all those crazy group challenges.
7. They might call some of the bloggers to appear on camera one day soon. (ME! PICK ME! NICOLE FROM BROOKLYN!!!)
All in all, very informative. I’m VERY excited to see where they go with all this. VERY.
As for the Rue Party…. I didnt take one damned picture. Not a one.