The Bedroom Reveal

The only thing I had before I moved in was the bed. I had that made for my first apartment. Which had chocolate brown walls, a round sheepskin rug under the bed and midcentury modern bedside tables and dresser.  I wanted to go a little more glam for this room. The room you are looking through is the dressing room. Its covered in a cream grasscloth. (When its more finished Ill post it.)

My favorite things in the room  are the reading lights over the bed and the roll by  Plum Cushion.

I still need some more pieces to kind of cut the glamour of the room. For the chair, I definitely want an antique, and for the dresser, I was thinking some really woody type piece OR a bone inlay dresser.

I struggled with the window treatment for MONTHS(there are weird bulkheads everywhere)….so when Nick Olsen left Miles Redd and was offering up consultations, I jumped on it. He designed the cornice  and the drapes and wooden blinds it about 20 minutes! The drapes are an ivory wool that I found in the garment district and the trim is chromespun grosgrain ribbon from M&J Trimming.

It’s still a work in progress…

Comments

1. Wow!!! That wallpaper is fantastic and the tall headboard is the perfect thing to pop against it. The drapery leading into the room gives it such great atmosphere too. You did an amazing job!

2. wow. wow. WOW. I would sleep so weel in this room – was my first thought. you must be so happy, it’s just so.. perfect. I especially love the drapery with the black trim, and the gold light fixtures.

Thanks guys… its a little over the top, not for everyone, but i tried to take a risk with the black wallpaper!

4. Between your kitchen and this bedroom…Nicole! I’m plotzing! Seriously…its gorgeous.

Originally I just wallpapered the wall behind the bed. Then 6 months later I was NOT feeling the accent wall, so I ordered more wallpaper, the only problem was it was a different dye lot! Ughhh…. does anyone remember when I had one strip of the wrong wallpaper color in the middle of the wall directly across from my bed?

6. gorgeous!!!
    one question though…how do you turn on the lights above the bed??
    i love the bed…so glam!! and i def vote for a bit of wood in there..

hahaha… I knew someone would ask. This is the only time ever that I thought of something like this that actually functions. The lights are plug ins and the wire with the switch is behind the bed. The little switch happens to hang within reach while laying down. I stuck them to the wall right at the edge of the bed so you cant see them, but you can use them.

7. fantastic…

8. AMAZING!!!!!! I absolutely LOVE this!

9. Glam glam, Baby! You can tell each item was carefully considered.

Have a fab weekend, Nicole!

10. Therese Long says:

Just stumbled upon your blog in time to tell you, “YOu did good”
    Your bedroom is totally all out glam. How did you sleep last night?

11. garrett says:

in love…

12. LOVE YOUR ROOM.. where did you find the reading lights?

13. This looks FABULOUS!!! Straight out of a magazine! Great work, girl!

14. i came across this from your comment to erin at elements of style and… WOW. this is stunning. i am so impressed! xoxo.

15. It’s dreamy! I love that there’s a fierce glamour to the room, but it’s man-friendly too. (Maybe it’s the black wallpaper?)

Yes, it is masculine…. I am going to try to make it more feminine and less glamourous by adding an antique chair in the corner and a wood dresser… It’s a little too cool for me right now, if you know what I mean!

16. Love the wallpaper, the bed, the night tables…all of it, really. Great job!

17. grandmamargarette says:

hi your super loved everything going to read it often. hi its cheri iloved it too. your bedroom looks awesome and i loved all your fav things too. love your new stool and the flowers by the pool. must say you have true talent and a good eye. looking forward to more. . . . . . .

18. Absolutely stunning!

19. Cute!

20. Love the look, very NYC. Don’t use a bone dresser, it will be too contrived. How about an English campaign chest? It will reinforce the bedside tables. Please tilt the pillows behind the European shams on the bed. I think I love your dressing room.

Thanks Ann! Yea, I was hesitating with the bone dresser, cause I wasnt so sold on it… I love the idea of the campaign chest. Gonna try to hunt one down this summer!

21. jenny says:

adding one more colour( eg.hotpink)accessory can be very feminie too.

Thanks Jenny- I am considering it… Just not sure what color yet and in what capacity.

22. jenny says:

difinetly need flowers and books to your bedroom to gave more girly and living in feel. Plus, how are about trow the throw causally instead of as pictured.

Jenny-

The room wasnt styled or anything, and its not finished… I still have two big pieces of furniture to hunt down.

Thanks for your suggestions.

24. Holy cow, it’s fantastic! Those lights above the bed and so great. Actually everything is great and not at all predictable. Love the wallpaper, the bed, the nighstands, the window treatment. Fantastic job!

25. Tee says:

Hi – Where did you get the headboard/bed? I’m looking for a white leather headboard. Thanks.

26. Sherry (BTLover2) says:

After finding your blog via Brooklyn Limestone (how did I not know about you long ago???), I’m spending my time reading and admiring your work. Your bedroom is to die for! I’m going to love visiting here!!!

27. This.is.gorgeous! I absolutely love that you totally went for the look 100%! Total glam, total perfection : )

Thank you! I was nervous about it… But its a really fun and sexy room to live in!

28. Your bedroom is beyond gorg and Nick did a great job with the window treats ! I love everything !

29. who is the headboard by and how high are your ceilings? LOVE the room!!

30. Anna says:

Im on love with this bedroom!
    I would really like to know the name of the wallpaper. I have been looking all over the internet for this wallpaper but i cant find the name of it anywhere…

/Anna from Sweden