I took in a stray….{Updated!}

I found this chair and ottoman near a pile of garbage on 57th and 3rd Ave. I hung around for a few minutes eyeballing it. I wasnt sure if I was the type of person who takes things out of the trash. Or how I could carry that baby home. Luckily, Sarah B. a loyal friend and sometimes blog commenter was nearby in her car and swung around to pick us up. And by us, I mean me and my new chair and ottoman.

***UPDATE: Upon further inspection, the chair has a brand: Drexel.

Doesnt it remind you of the Ebay Chair that I refinished and reupholstered last year:

Now, the only question is, what to do with it.

The options:

1. Reupholster to match/mismatch with Ebay Chair and flank my sideboard.

2. Sell on Ebay.

3. Coral Leather.

4. Keep as is and put in my bedroom.

OPINIONS?

Comments

1. coral leather!

2. Simone says:

Hello, I can’t believe u found that on the street it’s gorg! Laughing from what I imagine this moment to b like with trusty ol Sarah and he Lexus lol

3. Hannah says:

coral leather…i can only imagine Sarah

I think coral leather will be sick. Just imagine, me sitting on this chair on 3rd ave. The schools just all got out and its down the block from a McDonalds… and Sarah saving the day! It was too funny.

5. How lucky can you be!!? Definitely recover. It is a fabulous set. I have two Drexel heritage pieces,one an armoir and they are keepers!

Karena
    Art by Karena

I cant believe someone threw this stuff out. Its not even in bad condition!

6. Coral leather and put it in your bedroom! What a find.

7. Oh, and I would either lose the tufting on the ottoman, or really go all the way with it.

8. Wow, you have a great eye- I cant believe you found this one a street corner.
    And it’s leather, so bed bug free!!!
    I like it, it’s very cool looking!

Who knows if it has bed bugs! It might! I guess Ill know if I get an outbreak.

Chedva- the tufting on the ottoman is REALLY ugly. Needs to be like super tufted.

10. give it to me.

11. sarah, flourish design + style says:

unbelievable.. I too will take it as is. xx

Trackbacks

1. […] chair from the garbage, please. By Nicole Cohen, on June 9th, 2010 What do you get when you take one garbage chair and add a lot of nice sparkly silver […]