Parsley, Cheese and Potato Frittata
Lately, I have taken to make lunch on Saturday’s for my husband’s family. After 4 weeks of summer, I’m running out of ideas! I found this frittata recipe at The Cottage Smallholder. Let’s hope it’s good!
Delicious cheese, potato and parsley frittata recipe (for 3. Use 8 – 9 eggs for 4 people if you don’t have a starter)
- 6 large eggs
- 2 medium potatoes chopped into 1 cm chunks
- 1 fat clove of garlic chopped fine or 1 tsp of garlic granules or 1 tsp of garlic paste
- Half a tsp of dried mixed Italian herbs
- 100g of cheddar cheese cut into 1 cm chunks
- 25g of grated cheddar (topping)
- 2-3 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley
- 2-4 tbsp of virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and chop the potatoes and fry them very gently in 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, with the garlic and dried mixed herbs. Fry them until they are soft in the middle and crispy on the outside. This could take half an hour. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile prepare the other ingredients. Chop and grate your cheese. whisk the 6 eggs with a fork and chop your parsley.
- When the potatoes are ready, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil gently in a large sauté pan. When the oil is hot add the chopped cheese and herbs into the beaten eggs and pour into the sauté pan. Immediately turn the heat down to the lowest setting and distribute the potato cubes over the top. Season with plenty of ground black pepper and sprinkle the grated cheddar over the surface and leave for 15 minutes. Do nothing. Set the timer for 12 minutes!
- When the timer goes off set your grill to the highest setting so that it will be sizzling when you transfer the frittata from stove top. Finish under the high grill for 30 -60 seconds.
- Serve immediately with a crisp green salad, crusty bread and some good table wine.